My Book-My Business
When: Saturday, March 31, 2011
Where: Louisville Chamber of Commerce, 901 Main Street, #A, Louisville, CO 80027
Time: From 9 am until 1 pm
Cost: $50 for CIPA members, $75 for nonmembers
My Book—My Business: The Process of Taking Words from the Page to the Book to the Buyer
You have a manuscript, or an idea for a book, or even boatloads of paper and you just know somewhere there’s a book in all that. Do you know where to start? Or have you started, and started . . . and started because other things just kept getting in the way? Or are you frustrated but you don’t know where to turn or maybe there hasn’t been an easy place to turn to for information?
Come to My Book—My Business!
Topics we’ll cover:
- When to start marketing
- What kind of marketing is best to start with
- How to go about getting the manuscript whipped into its best form so that it is ready for public consumption
- When to start all the various parts of production
- Choosing all your “helpers”—editors, designers, printers
- What kind of distribution do you need and how do you go about getting it
- What to do with the book once you get it and all your family and friends have bought a copy—and yes, that includes marketing, marketing, and more marketing.
Publishing a book is a process loaded with minefields. It is also a business—for there is money exchanging hands in the process, and you need to know how to keep control of that business.
You will leave My Book—My Business with a plan on how to move forward in your publishing journey effectively and efficiently.
Don’t let the publishing minefields explode! Find out what you need to do, when you should be doing it, and some of the better ways to go about getting it done!
Saturday, March 31 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Louisville Chamber of Commerce
Only 7 Seats Left….Register Now at CIPA’s website
$50.00 CIPA members $75.00 nonmembers